Important Notes for Hot Melt Purchasing Agents
The packaging industry is unique, and can be a tough industry to buy for. It is important for purchasing agents to understand how their hot melt systems operate in order to ensure they are buying the correct parts. Hot melt manufacturers are full of highly educated engineers that have honed their skills over time. At Universal Systems SE, we combine our experience of over 40+ years to keep our products ever evolving and ensure we are still at the top of the industry, while offering our expertise to help our customer purchasing agents make the right choices.
Keeping up to date on the latest trends is not only important for us as manufacturers, but it is also important for buyers. Below are 5 important facts that every hot melt equipment buyer needs to keep in mind before making a purchase.
- Durability – at USSE, we stand behind the durability and craftsmanship of our products. That means that we offer a solid warranty, longer than all of our competitors.
- In Stock Products & Compatibility – whenever you call to inquire about the pricing on a melter or replacement part, make sure you remember to ask if the part is in stock. There are several choices that you have when ordering both main and replacement parts. Most all companies make their parts compatible with industry standards.
- Tank Capacity – make sure your melter’s tank capacity matches your packaging line output. This will ensure that you have the correct tank needed for the job.
- Match Your Adhesive and Your Pump – the pump needs to match the viscosity of your chosen hot melt adhesive. This is key to making sure that you are ordering the correct style pump to dispense the adhesive on your packaging materials.
- Usability – the best melters will be easy to operate, easy to change out replacement parts, and easy to clean and maintain. They will also come with smart features like USSE offers on all of our ProBilt adhesive melters.
At Universal Systems SE we are dedicated to the education of both our customers and the next generation of hot melt engineers.
If you are interested in learning more about hot melt equipment tips and facts, please call one of our customer service specialists today at 1-800-848-5018 or email sales at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also view these facts and several other key features of our ProBilt Melters by visiting us on YouTube.